DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Maryland Online Divorce

Maryland Divorce Details

With DivorceWriter, you complete your own Maryland Domestic Relations divorce paperwork online so you can get divorced without an attorney.


You may file for divorce at any time if at least one spouse has lived in Maryland for six months. There's no minimum residency requirement if the grounds for divorce (see below) happened while you were living in Maryland, regardless of how long you have lived in-state.

No-Fault Grounds for Divorce

Mutual Consent Grounds: Starting 10/1/15, if you have no minor children together, there's no separation requirement to get a divorce if both spouses will sign a Settlement Agreement.

Voluntary Separation: Couples with minor children together can't use mutual consent grounds. Instead, you can file for no-fault divorce after you've lived apart for at least 12 months. (Note: DivorceWriter also offers several fault grounds.)

Filing for Divorce

All Maryland divorces are filed in Circuit Court in the county where at least one spouse lives or where the non-filing spouse (Defendant) works. You may file by mail or in person at the Court Clerk's office.

Serving Your Spouse

After you file for divorce, you will be given a Writ of Summons by the Court Clerk. Then, you simply select an adult, usually a friend or family member, to serve your spouse by mail or in person. If you prefer, you can hire a private process server to handle this instead.

Completing Your Uncontested Divorce

Maryland divorces can be finalized in as little as 30 days.


You have qualified to use DivorceWriter to complete your Maryland divorce papers online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Maryland Help
© 2017 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.